Cardina japonica

Does anyone know if these are similar to 'flower shrimp'.  I picked these
up recently, and they seem like pretty versatile scavengers, but the store
salesperson said that they would only filter feed.  They are the same size
as the six 2" julii cory's that I got from the same tank.  They were a lot
more expensive than the ghost shrimp that I have.  Does anyone know the
potential for breeding them?  And will they survive in a heavilly planted
tank with Discus?  TIA

Tom Petersen
peter334 at tc_umn.edu