Re: Boiling water

Steve is correct.  I forget the details of the reaction and my beer
brewing books are at home, but if you boil well oxygenated hard water
you should get a white precipitate of calcium carbonate.  I know when I
boil water at home I get a serious white ring and lots of white goop in
the water.  The reaction takes some time so you may have to boil the
water for 15 or so minutes.

--
Bob Kimball
619-658-3771