Re: Lights Out! Die algae die!/ Flowering Plant

Hi all,
     Here is a follow-up to this message - I have a 40G tank that had a
pretty serious case of green water and spot algae. The Photo period was 12
hrs, and a few days ago I decreased it to 5 hrs to kill off the algae but
not totally kill my bulb plants(only plants in this tank) which are almost
certainly Aponogeton crispus. Actually, one of the plants sent up a flower
stalk and the green water is clearing after 2 - 25% water changes in 3 days.
FYI, in case it matters, my 35-40G has 3-30W tubes and moderate fertilizer
in the sand/peat substrate and water. No CO2 though(except for a moderate
fish load).

Questions for all(2):
1)What is the best way of getting rid of spot algae? It really is stuck on
the glass and I don't want to scrub and possibly scratch it.
2)What should I do when this plant flowers? I've heard you can
"artificially" pollinate it w/ a brush - explain.
Thanks.
Ryan