Discus in planted tanks

>For anyone who keeps Discus in a fully planted setup - how crutial do you
>think it is to keep the fish around 86F ? I have currently been keeping my
>temperatures around the 79-80F mark to give the plants an easier time, and
>me.

That's a little cool, in my experience.  My discus always looked distressed
if the temp dropped as low as 80F.  But they didn't need it at 86F either.
I kept them at about 82F, and they did great.  Ate well, grew well, and
were never sick a day in their lives.  The plants do fine at that temp too,
as long as you feed them well and supply plenty of light and CO2.

Karen