Aquatic plant virus?

I raise ordhids too and it is a common problem to get a plant with a
virus.  The virus effects how the plant grows and can stunt and twist
the plant or flowers.  This is a contageous problem with bulb growers
too and is transfered by cutting plants with the same knife.

Well I have some bulb aponogetons (A. madegascariensis) sprouting and
one of them is growing in a nasty twisted fashion and I am wondering if
aquatic plants can get viruses too.  Does anyone know how  aponogeton
bulbs are collected or grown?

Chris Wells
cdwells at concentric_net