Re: Algae Winning

"Josh" <lewisc001 at hawaii_rr.com> wrote:

> I set a new 30 gal tank with Kitty Litter and silica sand and now just two
> weeks later I'm getting swamped with algae!  [snip] I ferterlize with
> ..25 ml of flourish about two times a week

Sounds like a massive overdose of Flourish. Probably about 0.5 ml of
Flourish used once every two weeks would be more appropriate. Sometimes
diatoms are a problem in a new tank. Otocinclus are good diatom eaters.

--
Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/