CO2 levels

 	I just reviewed some of George Booth's comments on converting
pH and dKH to CO2 percentage.  And I got a bit confused.
	pH is supposed to be the balance between acidity and alkalinity if
I recall from my high school days correctly.  CO2 does increase the
acidity, how ever could  there not be other factors effecting the acidity as
well?
	I'm plagued with natural tap water of 27dKH and 8.3 pH well off of
George's chart.  With CO2 I have been able to lower the pH to the 7.6 to
7.8 range.  Is there a formula I can use to convert beyond his charts
limits to find CO2 percentage?

Oh and you tell me to get a RO system I have my tax return money
partly ear marked for one.

Dennis