Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #882

Sally Johnson <sbuna at unm_edu> wrote:

<snip>
I do have to say there is nothing neater that seeing the tank when
illuminated by the sun.   The whole tank glows green and my apistos
ortmaini are eating better and gaining weight.  The A. cacatuoides are
growing like weeds and my adult male triple red is so brightly colored.
The jardini arawana is just growing like a weed and his colors are just
amazing.
<snip>

	I agree with you that natural sunlight really makes
everything look so vibrant. I have to say, though, that most tanks
that do get much natural sunlight tend to have algae problems. If
your tank does not have any sort of over-lighting symptoms, the
success or your fish and plants could also be due to the well
balanced system that you have running. Congrats either way!

Alok