[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: tin foil as reflector
- To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: tin foil as reflector
- From: "H. Hoekstra" <hugo at greed_nl>
- Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 15:13:10 +0100
- In-Reply-To: <199903010848.DAA18697 at acme_actwin.com>
>Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:03:37 -0700
>From: ruddigar at home_com
>Subject: Re: DIY light reflector ideas
>Why not try some tin foil. It's nice and shiny and reflects light well.
>Try to keep it as flat as possible because the wrinkles will reflect the
>light in any direction.
Be careful when using tin foil as reflector. When water condenses on the
tin foil it will oxidize, and when this gets into the water it's toxic!!
I use it myself but have to change the tin foil every couple of weeks and
clean the ceiling of the hood. BTW I think wrinkles (not too many) might do
a better job spreading the light.