Re:WalMart Fluorescent bulbs

Hallie Ray wrote;

>I found some 36" fluorescent bulbs at WalMart today, about
>$6 each, that are "kitchen and bathroom" bulbs, which are
>supposed to give a "more natural lighting." Anyone have
>any information on these as plant light bulbs?:

Based on my experience these lamps do a fine job of providing light
for growing plants. That's all I used when I first began keeping a
planted aquarium a few years ago and I had what I thought to be good
plant growth. Since then I've switched to Sylvania Designer 860 series
which is a daylight lamp.  The plant growth is no better, but I prefer
the appearance that the daylight lamps give.

==
Jim Spencer
Sayre, PA