Low light tanks

Wright wrote:

>I use less light (80W) than many of you, and have slowed plant growth by
>dropping CO2 injection during the past couple of years. Nevertheless, it
>is a way to go that's pretty easy and gave me good results.

I think that lower light moderate growth tanks don't get enough press on
the APD.  Depending on your water chemistry, you may be limited to a
narrower range of plant species than in a high light/strong growth system.
But these tanks can be very satisfying, and extremely attractive if managed
properly.  And they have the advantage of being very low maintenance once
they are properly established.

Karen