Off Topic-Pleco ID

Jason wrote:
I have a bunch of bristle nose plecos and am wondering how to sex
them.  I notice that some have white tips at the corners of their caudal
fins, is this some sort of sexual dimorphism?
  By the way, the males (assuming I have any out of ten fish) haven't
got their bristles yet.  Most have tiny beginnings of bristles, but none
have the elaborate bristles I have seen in older specimens.

  I hope this isn't considered off topic, but since they eat algae,
which discussed extensively, I thought I'd ask.

	Jason, you'll get much more info on the catfish list.

	FWIW My male has the white tip on his caudal and the female
	doesn't. They're on their third spawn so they are a pair.

	Michael
--
Michael Serpa * Bay Island Orchids
2311 Pacific Avenue * Alameda, CA 94501