More on the "transformers at IKEA" thoughts

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that car battery
chargers are a fairly inexpensive way to get an undergravel heating
cable power supply(especially if bought used or "broken").  Since
many of them have a 6v-12v selector switch, one has the added
option of controlling the heating wattage...

...and yes, these puppies are almost always fully isolated
transformers...

Torsten
always remember - never lick the receptacle to see if the power is
on!   ;-)