Re: CO2- do I need it

Jag wrote:
>>I have 75 gallon tank, about 50 fish, average length of 1,5 inches. The
tank has lace plant, 2 Amazon sword plants, Vals, Bacopa, Moneywort, Hygro,
Cryptos. Do I need add CO2 to this tank ? Can the fish produce enough CO2 ?
My fish are healthy and plants looks healthy. Please advise.I have 75 gallon
tank, about 50 fish, average length of 1,5 inches. The
tank has lace plant, 2 Amazon sword plants, Vals, Bacopa, Moneywort, Hygro,
Cryptos. Do I need add CO2 to this tank ? Can the fish produce enough CO2 ?
My fish are healthy and plants looks healthy. Please advise.<<

First of all, what do you mean by "need"? :-)   If your plants and fish are
healthy and performing all the tricks you want them to without CO2, then no,
you don't _need_ it.  If you are planning on increasing your lighting (you
make no mention of your current levels) and shifting your plants into a
higher gear _then_ you would _need_ it.

From experience, I can tell you that a slow growing, low tech, moderately
lighted  but healthy tank can be a real gem.  Alot less maintenance and a
different appearance from the hyperactive high-noon tanks some of us like
(the ones who measure our success by how many pounds of clippings we take
out of our tanks every week)  On such a tank, you can do without CO2 and
live a long happy life.   Another problem with living in the fast lane with
high growth tanks is that when something starts going wrong, it happens
FASTTTT....

So, no, you don't need CO2, unless you want CO2, then, if anyone asks, you
NEED CO2 ;0).

Darren