Metal Halide

> Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:34:43 -0000
> From: "A M Moore" <andy at ascot_u-net.com>
> Subject: Any real alternatives to Metal Halide for a deep planted tank ?
>
> With all of the current lighting technology available at the moment, are
> there any real alternatives to Metal Halide for a 30" deep planted tank ?

Even a single FL tube can reach the bottom of a 48" tank. You should be
concerned with how much light can be sent between the plant columns.

I have used MH before (and still is) with similar result to FL tubes.

However MH will give you that shadow effect (very nice) when your plant
dances to the water current. But how much current do you expect in a
planted tank compared with marine?

rgds.