Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #850

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:16:34 -0600
>From: "Tony Rubin" <jedi at enteract_com>
>Subject: CO2 Setup
>
>I have read the information on The Krib and I think I have a pretty
good
>idea of how to setup a CO2 system, but I want to be sure I get the
right
>thing.  I found a local home brew store that sells tanks of CO2.  They
have
>some that are filled, but they don't fill them there, but I know where
they
>can be filled so that is no problem.  They are asking $59 for a 5 pound
>tank, which from what I read seems reasonable.  The next part is what I
need
>a little help with.  I am thinking about purchasing the following from
Pet
>Warehouse.
>
>Aqualine Buschke Regulator Gauge $129.95
>Aqualine Buschke Bubble Counter $24.95
>Aqualine Buschke Reactor $27.95
>
>From what I read the above regulator gauge includes the pressure
reducer and
>fine settings valve which seems to be exactly what I'm supposed to get,
>although they are sometimes two pieces.  The bubble counter also
includes
>the equivlant to a check valve.
>
>If anyone could possible take a look at Pet Warehouse's web site or
catalog
>and confirm that this is what I need, it would be most appreciated.

Be careful with the Aqualine Bushke regulator.  It uses metric
threading.  You will need an adaptor, hopfully Pet Warehouse will
include one with your order.  I got one of these regulators  for
Christmas the regulator I recieved was not the one pictured in the
catalog or even the box the it came in.  You might want to look at a
welding supply store, you can buy a better quality regulator and needle
valve cheaper than what you will pay for that AB regulator.  Also if you
have the room you might want to look into a 15# CO2 tank.  Many
suppliers sell these for the same price you get a 5# for.  The reason
being that the 15# is a much more standard size.

Hope this helps
--Grover