Emerse Cabomba?

While rinsing off the Cabomba aquatica in my ten gallon fry tank which has
become overrun by slimy algae-stuff (I simply ran it under the tap.  It took
most of the slime off without the nastyness of the bleach thing), I noticed
what looked like a miniature lily pad about an inch around.  At first I
thought it was just caught up in the cabomba, but when I pulleed on I
discovered it was actually part of the cabomba, attached by a stem.

Is this an emerse form of cabamba?  Is it common?

Bob Dixon