Re: Unkown Plant

>Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:01:54 -0500
>From: Lance Tuttle <thellance at yahoo_com>
>
>I have pick up a plant that I cannot identify nor can any of my friends
>or assoiates that are intrested in this hobby.  I looks like an amazon
>sword.  The largest that I have is about 2 inches high.  The leaves are
>very thin and narrow.  It seems to reproduce by sending out a stem and
>every inch or two another of these plabts form.  If anybody has run into
>it or knows what the nome is I would be very intrested.  Thanks

If it looks like regular old lawn grass, it's probably Echinodorus
tenellus. Very thin leaves, dark green with some red. If the leaves are
wider and more of a bright green, it is probably Echinodorus quadricostatus.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/