H difformis

>	So far this has worked great, but I was wondering what Karen meant
>by "mowing it down".  I have never had H. difformis get bushier after being
>trimmed.  It just puts out another shoot and continues on it's merry way.

Many stem plants, H difformis included, will begin to branch at the node
just below a cut.  If the nodes are all at ground level, as they are when
you are keeping H. difformis low, you get more and more branches, shoots or
what ever you choose to call them.  That makes for a "bushier" ground cover.

But if you don't keep on top of it, it will send those shoots right back up
to the surface.

Karen