Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #836

> Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:07:48 EST
> From: RGORDONPF at aol_com
> Subject: RE:  KATI/ANI

> I would like to put a 100 gallon plant tank in my office.  I would rather
not
> use untreated tap water as the San Diego tap water is considered moderately
> hard; i.e. Carbonate hardness of 160 ppm, Total hardness of 325 ppm, and
Total
> dissolved solids of 567 ppm.

What's wrong with this tap water?  I also live in San Diego and I have used
this same tap water for my tank for 5 years with no problem.  I am
currently adding more calcium to my water because my plants suck it up so
fast they constantly show signs of calcium deficiency whenever I don't
change water for more than 2 weeks.

Hoa
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/