Re: Schultz 10-15-10 plant food

David writes:

> It's "potential acidity" is  400lb CaC03 per Ton..
>  A Ton!! What kind of measurement is this? how am I supposed to relate that
>  to my tank?

I'm going to take a stab at it, but it is only and educated guess.  CaCO3 is a
"buffer", which means that it tends to reduce acidity by reacting chemically
with acids in your water, and thereby forming some hydrogen-containing
compound.  Usually that compound is simply water (H2O).  A potential acidity
of 400lb per tons would logically imply that if you had a ton of this
fertilizer, it would reduce the same amount of acidity as 400 lbs of CaCO3.
Again, I reiterate, this is a guess, but it seems reasonable to me.

Bob Dixon