Re: Ducks, Laterite, and PMDD Ingredients

James Purchase wrote:

>Alysoun McLaughlin is getting bored with our discussion of Laterite...

>Oh God! Here I go again.... Quack, Quack, Quack....

<further explanation of the specific qualities of laterite vs. other clays,
snipped>

I do understand the distinction, James!  <g>

However, for our practical purposes (i.e., growing aquatic plants), is there
really an *observed*, rather than *hypothetical*, advantage to using bona
fide laterite rather than Substrate Gold?

Perhaps I should have phrased it differently... if it's not a duck, but all
you really care about is the wings and feathers, will a pheasant do?

Alysoun McLaughlin