RE: Sigh...Laterite and Heating Cables

> Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 05:19:50 EST
> From: BOLLING37 at aol_com
> Subject: RE: Sigh...Laterite and Heating Cables
>
> Roxanne,
>
>      If you want laterite balls, then why don't you try some Thiel laterite.
> (http://www.athiel.com/html/library2.html)
> They have the balls and the powdered forms.  You should find it much cheaper
> than
> Dupla laterite.  Someone gave me a 1 lb. can of Thiel laterite, but I haven't
> used it yet.
> While we're on the subject of Dupla stuff, does anyone know where I can get
> heating
> cables?  I have a 24 volt 70 amp (Yeah it's huge, I bought it at a hamfest for
> $10)
> transformer and a temp controller.  All I need now is the heating element.

Albert told me sometime last year that he was no longer making his
laterite product, and took it off his WEB page. Unless he has changed
his mind lately...

Arizona Aquatic Gardens sells a substrate heater cable system that
connects to a regular aquarium heater for $30!! You regulate the temp
with the heater. I have never tryed it, but it looks interesting.
http://www.azgardens.com

Regards,

Robert Paul H.
AGA