Lights for a 55G

>Though this doesn't answer your question, I was wondering if you could tell me
>exactly how you got 160W or your 55g?That's about how much light I want on
>mine when I get it, but I'm confused about how to achieve that.Did you put two
>double striplights on it?(with 40W a bulb)Is that possible?Exactly what does
>your lighting system look like?

Two shop lights (less expensive) or two double strips (more expensive) fit
with no problem at all.  You can dress up the shop lights either with black
rustoleum spray paint, or wood grain contact paper.  Sounds tacky, but when
you think about it, that's about waht you get with a plastic strip light too.<g>