Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #817

I have one of these drill pumps.  I noticed on mine (a wayne type I think) that
they contain some type of grease or oil (to help keep the rubber innards from
breaking down and to keep the bushings greased).  Some of this oil stuff will
be transferred to the water.  If you use it to pump the water into a tank you
may run into some problems (i.e. kill the fish and plants).  If it is used only
to remove water, then they work great.  An added bonus is that they are also
self-priming.

Chris

--
"If at first you don't succed, try, try again.  Then quit.  No use being a damn fool about it."