Re: Water pump

Hello Kelly,

I use a small submersible "sump pump", of the type that requires only
~1/4" depth to pump ("Simer Geyser" brand, ~$45, obtainable in hardware
stores). It produces quite a pressure and flow.

Best,

George

> I have an RO system and I store the water in a garbage can until I'm > ready to use it.  I'd like to come up with a system where I pump the > water out of the can and right into the tank for water changes.  I > was looking at some little pumps at the LFS today, but the guy told me > that they can pump water only so far up (implying that the water would never make it out of the can).
The garbage can is about 30-40 feet away from the tank.  If anyone is
doing
something like this, I'd like to hear your solutions and what to look
for in
a suitable pump.

Kelly Beard, Cat IV, Team Allanti
President, Allanti Cycling Club - http://www.allanti.com