Pumping RO water

<<<I have an RO system and I store the water in a garbage can until I'm
ready
to use it.  I'd like to come up with a system where I pump the water out of
the can and right into the tank for water changes.  I was looking at some
little pumps at the LFS today, but the guy told me that they can pump water
only so far up (implying that the water would never make it out of the can).
The garbage can is about 30-40 feet away from the tank.  If anyone is doing
something like this, I'd like to hear your solutions and what to look for in
a suitable pump.

Kelly Beard, Cat IV, Team Allanti>>>

I use a rubber maid garbage can to treat for chloramine and then pump the
water into the tanks using a Mag Drive submersable pump. I have racks all
the way up to the ceiling and these pump it all the way up. You also dont
want the water to go too fast however as this would cause too much
disturbance in the tank. I bought the Mag Drive rated for 350 gallons per
hour. It is just right. This pump has garden hose fittings, it couldnt get
much easier. At the end I fashioned a U shaped piece of PVC so I can hang
this on the rim of the tank untill the tank is full.
Best prices for stuff like this is www.thatpetplace.com
Tony Minneboo
Owner, Angels West
mailto:fishingt at angelswest_com
Visit our website for breeding quality angelfish and proven hatchery
supplies.
http://www.angelswest.com