Magnesium sulfate dosing and SAE behaviour

Does someone have a table that shows rise in GH per unit of magnesium
sulfate added... similar to the tables for adding Calcium carbonate and
Sodium bicarbonate and their affect on GH/KH?

Also, I recently "cleaned" another red (black) algae coated plant by giving
it to my SAE's. It works so well I realized that I could do this with the
rocks that are similarly coated. So I put a rock covered in BBA in with
them but they are ignoring it. Do you think this is because it is on a
rock? They immediately and avidly go after a plant covered in BBA. Can
anyone think of a reason?

Olga
in Vancouver