new tank problems please help me.

Hi all,
Please take the time to read this and reasure me or help me find a
sollution to my problems.
1 week ago I set up my first plant tank (other fish tanks have some OK
plants in them growing OK) This one I wanted to be full of healthy plants,
you know what I meen.

Tank 48x18x18 inches = 65 gallons.
Light = 2 grow lux, 1 10000k aquastar, 1 5000k NEC tri phosphor. (all 36
watt tubes)
CO2 yeast injection
Duplarit G half dose of duplaplant (came with the duplarit)
Ph 7
25 degrees c
I set up the tank with lots of apparently healthy plants.
The plants all seem to be growing and new leaves are forming and growing
daily.
However the tank is infested with a brown floss like algae (about 5 - 15cm
long) that is covering all plant leaves. I have been removing the stuff
daily.

Unfortunately the test kits I ordered have not arrived and local fish shops
dont have or stock them !!!! thats perth australia for you. I ordered
Nitrate, phosphate, iron and kh test kits. They wont be here for a few more
days :(

What can I do????????

Waterchanges?
Or do i let the plants grow and hopefully soon outcompete the algae.

Another thing I feel i did was add the root starter tab to wet laterite
gravel. this enabled the root tab (primarily NO3 i beleieve) to be washed
into the water colum Maybe it should be added to dry gravel+laterite so the
laerite absorbs the root tab? just a guess? (the root tab I dissolved into
500ml of water.

Pleease give me any advice!!!!!!!!!

Daniel Green
bevgreen at cygnus_uwa.net.au