Re: Duplarit G (Laterite) Substrate

>Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:19:13 -0000
>From: "A M Moore" <andy at ascot_u-net.com>
>
>Just about to tear down my tank & set it up along using the full Dupla
>method.
>
>Does anyone know if George has ever modified his Laterite substrate for
>better perfomance using eg.the addition of Peat or some other concoction ?

<sigh> Karen already read you the Riot Act, so I guess I will just
reiterate that. Nope, the Dupla method has worked just great for us with
only minor adjustments to nutrient dosing to account for slight differences
in tanks (fish load, plant types, etc).

I know you've read my web page and I'm not holding anything back "to
maintain an edge". What you've read is what I do. No peat. No Jobes sticks.
No cat poop (that I know of).  The substrate is just as Dupla has said it
should be.

Here is a mantra for you. Repeat this for 30 minutes every day for two
weeks before you set up your tank: "MORE IS NOT BETTER OOMMM".

If you start to get creative with the substrate, here is the mantra you
will be chanting after a few months: "O-WA TA-GOO SIAM"

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/