Looking for opinions on Substrate Gold Application Levels

Hi,
   I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment of Substrate gold.  In the mean time
I thought I might as well query the list as to their experience with the
amount to use.  Is the suggested application too high, too light, or
just right?  A sort of three little bears(plants) thing.

I'd like to keep the nutrient availability reasonably high since it will
be a very high light tank.  This is where the dosing level becomes a
question.  More laterite means more ability to bind and exchange
nutrients, a good thing, right?  Should I just follow instructions or is
there any deeply rooted(failure or success) opinions out there?

Colin Anderson