Alternatives to bleach dipping???

I wonder if the outbreak of whatever disease hit my tank recently might have
been caused by the plants I recently purchased.  I lost 3 of my Blue Rams
and now 1 Apistogramma borellii (with another on the way I fear).

I wonder if there is some standard medicine or mix thereof that can be put
into a quarantine tank when plants are purchased to kill off any snails, and
other pests like flukes, worms, et al.  Does anyone have a regimine like
this?

On the upside, the cyanobacteria I had trouble with is all gone and
curiously, all other algae have been making a quick exit and are in the
process of being sucked up by the filters.  I wonder if there is some
correlation.

Kelly Beard, Cat IV, Team Allanti
President, Allanti Cycling Club - http://www.allanti.com
I/T, IBM Global Services