RE: GE Chroma 50

> Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 09:17:59 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
> Subject: Cool White Bulbs?
>
> >i have been told that these are the best?  anyone know anything about
> >them?  i would rather be paying $2 for a four foot bulb than $15 and up.
>
> I'd say they're he worst, not the best. Make no mistake, they're
> pretty good, it's just that everything else is better.
>
> GE now appears to be selling some of their previously hard to
> get fancy chmancy tubes in conventional retail stores.
>
> Look for a red box and the words "Chroma 50" on the tube. I think
> they sell them as "Super Daylight".

It's a red box and the English logo is "Sunshine". They do have Chroma 50 on
the tube itself and they should be available in any Canadian Tire store for
around $9.00 each.

Now, if my local Shopper's Drug Mart would only start stocking Tropica
plants, I could forego ever having to set foot in another high priced
aquarium store. Can anyone suggest an aquarium related use for Absorbine
Jr.? It was on sale and I just couldn't resist picking up a couple of
gallons.

James Purchase
Toronto