Anubias and Loach questions

I ordered some plants from Pets Warehouse today, most of which I haven't kept
before.  Can someone explain the proper planting of Anubias barteri var. nana?
I have gleaned something about the rhizome being above the substrate.  How
far, and how do you hold it in place until it fixes its roots in the
substrate?

At the lfs today I spotted some 2 inch, black and white zebra-striped loaches
labeled "Wu Fong-(algae eater)-$8.99.  They looked like yo-yos, but brighter
white and darker black.  Anyone know if they truly eat algae?  what varieties?
do they also munch the greens?

Bob Dixon