Stagnant plants

>Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 07:56:24 -0600
>From: "Beard, Kelly" <KBeard at comdata_com>
>Subject: Stagnant plants

>Well, a couple of months down the road everything is not well.  My Barclaya
>is still alive and is producing flower stalks, but it is not growing new
>leaves.  In my 20 gallon I did nothing special - I used PMDD and Seachem
>Florish tabs in the substrate.  Here is a quick run down on the differences
>between my 20 gallon and 75 gallon:

Kelly,
on looking over your posting several things come to my mind. First I don't
think a couple of months is long enough to judge plant growth. Don't forget
the substrate in your old 20 had lots more in it than just pea gravel and
Flourish tabs. And what was there will take time to build up again.

Second, after enough time has gone by to tell, this may be a case of more
light not being better. I have one tank with less than 2 watts per gallon
and plants grow slowly but steadily in it. If I switch them to a higher
light tank, at first they don't do well.

Olga
in Vancouver