Re: CO2 from tapwater

Dave wrote:

> I have informed individuals that the (constant influs of fresh water from
> the
> tap) concept could be bad. How would one monitor and control the excess
> ammonia, chlorine, etc from the tap water?
>
> Any comments.

I wouldn't worry about chlorine if the percentage of water change is small.
For chloramine and larger changes, a carbon filter can be installed to take
care of it.

For ammonia, unless the level is very high, it will probably acts like
a fish peeing in the tank.  The biofilter or plants should take care of it.

In anycase, for large water change, continuous water change is probably a
better
idea than a large influs at a time.

Louis Lin