Re: identification filamentous algaes

>From: Erik Olson <erik at thekrib_com>

>Pictures would be good, but have been hard to come by in the past (who
>takes pictures of their algae-infested tanks?). I have a few of my own
>algaes, some of which are poised on the verge of being added, but I would
>welcome additional photos or drawings from others (as always).  Likewise,
>I would be glad to host any sort of resource one wishes to create! :)

If you take a close look at the picture of the open-top aquarium on pages
24-25 of A Fishkeeper's Guide to Aquarium Plants, by Barry James, you can
see what looks like clumps of Cladophora all over the bottom of the tank.
The plants don't look too healthy, either.

Paul Krombholz, in mild Central Mississippi, where I heard spring peepers
this evening.  For their own sake, I hope they were just practicing.