Phos-zorb and other stuff

I have a plantless tank that I use a generous amount of Seachem's PhosGuard
(and some SeaGel to boot).  It works really well.

I was at Petsmart the other night.  I only buy frozen food at gadgets there,
and I saw a small tub of a product called Nitra-zorb.  It is an ion-exchange
resin in a fine filter bag.  This plantless tank I have also has a constant
problem with nitrates, and so has algae problems.  I just wanted everyone
who might have a problem with nitrates to know this is a fantastic product.
I have a LaMotte nitrate test kit and I measured nitrates with it before I
installed the media.  I got 10ppm, which means I had 40ppm nitrates (I don't
fully understand what the LaMotte kit is measuring.  I bought it to test for
nitrates, but the kit is called Nitrate N, and you have to X by 4 to get
nitrates).  I installed the media in my canister filter, and over a period
of a few hours the levels came down to 2ppm.  I haven't measured today, but
they seem to be steady at 2ppm.

Kelly Beard, Cat IV, Team Allanti
President, Allanti Cycling Club - http://www.allanti.com
I/T, IBM Global Services