bulb selection for 66 gal

> Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:02:33 PST
> From: "Colin Anderson" <colin_d_anderson at hotmail_com>
>

> Power glo's operate at ABOUT 8500-9000k, a little high for a planted
> tank

I'm only running 15W tubes, but I've had good success on all my
Power-Glo only tanks.  Of course, I should add some observations:

The tanks are part-submersed and part-emersed.
The lighting is on the low side of the scale (easier when plants are
emersed)

I like the look of my tanks with Power-Glo's on top.  It's a crisp, but
also warm look.

> Chroma 50 and Chroma 75 make a great pairing, maybe 3 50's and 1 75

I also use Chroma 50 tubes.  I like these, but think they should be
mixed with other tubes to display the fish optimally.

--
David W. Webb
Live-Foods list administrator