UG/heater

>I did not know there was 7.5w heaters.

They're usually marketed for "mini" tanks in the 1-2 1/2G range. They're
actually pretty useless for most purposes.<g>

>One concern that did come up was
>would the heater cause damage to the tube?

I'll never say never, but I haven't seen it happen, nor have I heard of it
from anyone else.  I've heard of one burning out and ceasing to function,
but that's all it did.  It was easily pulled out and another one inserted
in its place.  It's likely that it was a faulty heater to start with.

James Purchase wrote:

>But WHERE do you obtain such small heaters? I can't see any such item listed
>in the online catalogues of any of the aquatic mail order houses. anybody
>have any idea of a current source?

I've had my LFS order them for me, and now they actually keep them in
stock.  I've also seen them at the chains like Petco and Petsmart.  I've
even seen them in Walmart.  You won't find them in most "real"<g> pet
stores unless they know of this "secret purpose" beacuse they don't have
much useful application elsewhere.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association