Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #754

> For faster results, try injecting CO2 into straight tap
> water, and see what the resulting pH is.

Actually, I was using straight tap water in the tank for a while
with injected CO2.  The pH was around 8.4-8.6 if I remember right.

> There's nothing wrong with hard water for growing plants.

I read somewhere that if the pH was >8 some plants (most?) couldn't
fix certain nutrients and therefor would not grow well at all.  Is this true?

Another reason I switched to RO was because the water was chock
full of nitrates and phosphates.  Lots of green water problems, algae,
and  green and black hair algae.   Nasty stuff.  It all cleared up shortly
after switching.