RE Snails, algae... yay Ed!

Steve,

I'm sorry if you was offended in any manner by the conversation.
However when I responded the way that I did I was under the assumption
that there would be less hazardous alternative methods.  Just so
everyone knows we may be dealing with Cladophora :)  and from what I
have been reading hair algae *CAN* and *IS* cultured by a wide variety
of animal (the types i'm not sure about yet, still looking for that
info)

As for preventing algae the old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a
pound of cure.  However there is no 100% sure method of keeping algae
out of a tank, well unless you sterilize everything, put in plastic
fish, plastic grave, plastic plants and seal it in a sterile enviroment
:)  As for a real world enviroment I feel that it's alot easier to
understand WHY there's an outbreak and treat the cause NOT the symptom.

Ed