RO water Buffer question

>I have been reading with interest the RO water posts. I have been toying
>with buying an RO unit for some time now. The question I have is what to
>use as a buffering agent in regards to planted tanks. I seem to remember
>some talk about Proper pH causing algae growths?

I mix RO with regular tap to make a KH in the range of 3-8 depending on the
tank.  My experience after lowering the buffering capacity to this range is to
use acid buffer from SeaChem, this contains no phosphates thus stopping
unwanted algae growths.  Do not use pH down or any product that uses
phosphoric acid to lower pH.
Sean