Re: Terrapur "cons"

>Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 00:04:45 -0800 (PST)
>From: Steve M. (Apflanzeneh at webtv_net)
>Subject: Terrapur "cons" ?

>About five months ago i purchased some terrapur cones,i ran all the way
>home with my with my new toys and promptly loaded up my substrate with
>them.....guess what I was finger probing my substrate last week ,and i
>found my terrapur cones fully intact,no root hairs bound to them,no
>disintegration,in fact i pulled one out and left it on the tank to
>dry,it looks just like the day i bought it !
>
>Whats up with that???

Well Steve, maybe they're really little substrate props... you know.. like
cement foundations for houses... they help keep the substrate from
colapasing! <g>

>Should'nt these things fall apart over time? Don't you think 5 months is
>long enough .....maybe i should wait a year or so :-)
>Anyways pulled em all out ....gonna take em back tommorrow!!
>
>Unless of course you want to" borrow" them for your new set up Olga :-)

Uh... I don't think so. I use Terralit but haven't tried Terrapur cones. So
those out there who have used them... what do they do in *your* tank? Do
they dissolve? Please locate one and let us know.

Olga
in Vancouver