Re: Homebuilt stands

You can fabricate a good stand out of 5/8 particle board or finished plywood.  Draw up
the dimensions, go to your local building supply house and have them cut the individual
pieces.  Then all you have to do is assemble them.  I've done this twice and it works
great.  You can also use one or more ready-made kitchen cabinets as pedestals, attaching
them to a top and base and finished off with some nice-looking moulding if you desire
that "furniture-quality" look.
BTW - thanks for the feed-back on "tank-on-wheels" .  I ended up siphoning most of the
water into about 8 buckets, slid the tank into it's new position and poured the water
back .  It was also time for a partial water change anyway .