Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #739

At 03:48 PM 12/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone:
>I'm desperately in search of an 18 inch t-8 bulb to use in my newly
>built hood.  No one around here seems to carry anything, I've tried the
>lighting stores and electrical supply places, and darn it, there is no
>such thing as a chroma 50 18" or any other 18" purpose type bulb.
>
>Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  MMMM, 4 15 watt t-8's over a
>10 gallon, this will be fun!

The last time I checked (admittedly about 10 years ago) GE didn't
make a Chroma-anythig in 18". You can ask them directly though,
call 1-800-555-1212 (800 directory assistance) and ask for the
number of the GE Answer Line. Call them as ask if they make one
this small. Ask them to mail you a (free) catalog) while you're
ar it.

I've seen daylight bulbs that small and the current trend is for
GE to replace the old daylight bulbs with more modern (and what used
to be hard to get) SPX65 and Chroma 50 tubes.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719