Re: UG 20 gallon tank

In a message dated 12/23/1998 2:59:46 PM Central Standard Time, Aquatic-
Plants-Owner at actwin_com writes:

<<  I was
 planning to create some PMDD after Christmas, and maybe doubling the
 light; however, there has been a lot of discussion on Chroma 50's, so
 now I think I'll just change the bulbs.
   The tank is filtered by a UG filter, powered by a canister filter and
 a powerhead.  I was thinking about shutting down the UG filter and just
 using the canister (Fluval 401).

   Any suggestions? >>

I'd opt for a combo on the lights of one C-50 (chroma 50) and one SPX-65
(extended daylight)  This will give your plants what the need plus give you
visually pleasing lights.

The UG filter is a mater of personal preference.  I never had luck with them
and plants.  Others have and told me that simply need more gravel with them
and need to you a very fine gravel.  The new Octogan I'm giving my wife will
be filtered with a UG and powerhead so we will see how this idea works out.

Dennis