Hardness question

At 03:48 AM 12/22/98 -0500, Dana E. Kennedy asked:
>My kH reads around 8-9, while my GH reads around 12.

To use the old terminology, this means your calcium (CaCO3) is around 4dh
which if anything is a bit low.  But it should be just fine.  In addition
you have a ton of buffering (the KH).  If it is carbonate you are blessed,
if it is phosphate watch for algae blooms.  Or it could be something else
entirely.  Maybe your water company knows.   You should find out.

--
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron