"Magnum HOT" filter OK in a planted tank?

Is this filter too much for a 20 gallon planted fish tank?  200 gph or 250gph
or whatever it is rated seems like it would churn the water even if I diffused
the output below the water surface.  But I need something more that the little
100 gph power filter I have now.  I am injecting a little CO2 into the filter
suction tube (yeast method), and I don't want to lose it all from surface
agitation.  And the fish don't need to be fighting a maelstrom!

Wha'd'ya think?  Thanks.

bob