Re: Plastic Needlepoint Canvas

James Purchase suggests we run a contest for using needlepoint canvas.

I cut three-four large holes in the bottom of bucket, then cover the bottom
with plastic canvas.  I can run water through a full bucket of dirty gravel
while swirling it around, and the detritus runs out the bottom.

I cover the glass tubes of heaters in plastic canvas, using monofilament
fishing line to hold the canvas in the right shape, to keep large agressive
cichlids from breaking the heaters.  It can also discuorage angels and discus
from spawning on the heaters.

Plastic canvas can be used to coonvert eggcrate into a UGF filter plate.  Done
that, too.

Bob Dixon